Industrial & Commercial Dehumidification Services in Chicago, IL
We deal with plenty of factors that can negatively impact your business in the Chicago, Illinois, area. While high summer heat and frigid winters are probably first to come to mind, it is humidity that can most impact comfort and productivity. Controlling humidity and keeping your commercial or industrial business in the optimal range can improve comfort, keep heating and cooling costs lower, and can even reduce allergies and improve health. That’s why at Southwest Town Mechanical, we take your dehumidification needs seriously!
Our specialists are exceptionally skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to dehumifidier applications and can help diagnose and administer to any particular need. Whether your business seeks portable dehumidification, whole-structure systems, or specialized solutions, you’ll find what you need with Southwest Town Mechanical.
Types of Dehumidifiers for Industrial Use
The type of dehumidifier used in each instance is just as important as using a dehumidifier, which is why choosing Southwest Town Mechanical’s highly trained experts to work on your business’ equipment is in your best interest. While one environment may respond just fine to a DX reheat unit, we know that it is not ideal to have a DX unit in a very low humidity controlled space. Our technicians are well educated in the best way to get dehumidification results that protect your business.
We have utilized each type of dehumidifier available to us, including:
- Direct expansion. Also known as DX systems, a direct-expansion application strives to supply dry and filtered air into predetermined spaces within your business. This pushes out and replaces humid and dirty air, leaving spaces clean and optimized for comfort and air quality.
- Dry desiccant. In a desiccant system, air is drawn into the system and “treated” by a solid desiccant rotor wheel. These are essentially a draw-in filtration system and are an exceptionally cost-effective option for your business.
- Liquid desiccant. Operating in much the same way as a dry system, liquid desiccant dehumidifiers instead make use of a liquid solution, typically using chemicals such as lithium chloride salt, in order to draw moisture out of the air.
- Air to air heat exchange. The most commonly used and relied upon dehumidification system, air-to-heat, operates quite in the same way as a traditional air conditioner or similar cooling/dehumidifying system. Air is drawn in, cooled, warmed, and then released. The resulting action draws humidity from the air and leaves it within the system, where it is drained safely and effectively.
We pride ourselves on energy efficiency and energy management, not only helping the environment but also helping your business’ bottom line. Our green HVAC maintenance practices can make your system last longer, prevent costly repairs, reduce energy bills, and avoid downtime due to breakdowns.
Industries We Serve
We’ve worked with an array of industries in the Chicago area that have need for dehumidification systems. Just a few of the industries that we’ve helped include:
- Chemical plants
- Data centers/computer rooms
- Medical and healthcare
- And other commercial and industrial buildings in Chicago
Southwest Town Mechanical for Industrial & Commercial Dehumidification in Chicago
Whether you need emergency heating repair or routine HVAC maintenance throughout the year, the team at Southwest Town Mechanical is here to help your business run smoother. If you need commercial HVAC services anywhere in the Chicago area, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
For more information on our industrial and commercial dehumidification services in Chicago, contact us at (708) 590-4771!